The Anti-Money Laundering Function
Since 2013, Sisal has formally supervised its anti-money laundering activities and has created a dedicated organisational function. The main responsibilities of the Anti-Money Laundering function are:
- to correctly identify and to verify customer profiles by means of particularly rigorous procedures (in particular for transactions greater than €1,000);
- to establish the Single Computer Archive which records and stores identification data and other information relating to relationships and operations;
- to send aggregated data to the Italian Financial Intelligence Unit and report any suspicious transactions;
- to establish internal control measures and ensure appropriate staff training.
In relation to the development of the anti-money laundering legislation, we also cooperate with another important institutional stakeholder, the Bank of Italy, specifically with the Financial Intelligence Unit (Unità di Informazione Finanziaria), who are responsible for preventing and combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
Main activities in the gaming sector in 2018
- Continuation of the analysis of the data generated by the risk indicators and name detection activity;
- Anti-money laundering training for all retail outlets and for Sisal internal staff via an online e-learning platform;
- Management of requests for information from external authorities in the field of anti-money laundering.
Additional protections for online players
- Sisal verifies the identity of its customers at the time of initial registration (when filling the registration form) and upon completion of registration;
- Every player must submit a front/rear image of an identity document within 30 days;
- Gaming accounts that do not provide appropriate documentation within 30 days are suspended;
- Duplicate registrations are not permitted. The system always verifies that the player's tax code and personal data are unique.