The main tasks of the Anti Money-Laundering function are to:
- suitably identify and verify customer profiles by applying particularly strict procedures (for transactions over €1,000 in particular);
- establish the Archivio Unico Informatico (AUI - Unique Digital Archive), in which to record and store identification data and other information about relations and transactions;
- send aggregate data to the Financial Information Unit and flag any suspicious transactions;
- establish internal control measures and ensure adequate employee training.
The development of anti money-laundering legislation has given Sisal another important institutional stakeholder, the Bank of Italy, and specifically the Financial Information Unit (UIF), which is charged with fighting money-laundering and the funding of terrorism
Main activities in 2016
- Review and updating of anti money-laundering procedures for the Retail Betting, ADI-VLT and Online Gaming business lines;
- finalisation of the Key Risk Indicator, for the purpose of identifying anomalous operations that may give rise to suspicious transaction reports;
- provision through the e-learning platform of anti money-laundering training for all point of sale staff and Sisal Entertainment’s own human resources;
- finalisation of compliance sheets for VLT corners and rooms, as well as for direct agencies and Sisal Matchpoint partners;
- introduction of antiterrorism/compliance controls for winners over the registration threshold (Betting and VLT) and for the holders of gaming accounts (Online Gaming).
Additional protections for online players
- Sisal checks the identity of its Customers when they first register for an account (by filling out the registration form) and on completion of the process;
- within 30 days, all players must send us a copy of the front/back of an identity document;
- gaming Accounts for which the relative documentation is not received within 30 days are suspended;
- duplicate registrations are not permitted. The system always checks that the tax code and personal details are unique.
Anti money-laundering legislation documents